The SOS Distress Light is the first and ONLY LED Visual Distress Signal Device that meets U.S. Coast Guard requirements to completely replace traditional pyrotechnic flares. Unlike traditional flares, this electronic flare never expires which solves the challenge of flare disposal.
This floating electronic flare can be hand-held, tethered, or hoisted aloft. It runs up to 60 hours, unlike traditional flares which last minutes or less.
- Complies with all U.S. Coast Guard requirements for “Night Visual Distress Signals” as found in the Code of Federal Regulations: 46 CFR 161.013
- Flashes ONLY the SOS light sequence
- When combined with a daytime distress signal flag (included in package), meets ALL USCG Federal Requirements for DAY and NIGHT use in lieu of traditional flares
- Floats with lens-up to optimize both the all-around horizontal and vertical light beams
- No expiration or disposal issues
- Family and boat SAFE – no flame!
- SIMPLE twist-on operation
- Visible up to 10 nautical miles
- Battery-operated (3 C-cell Alkaline)
- Made in U.S.A.
- Patent Numbers: 9,171,436 and D720,247
Powered by a high-performance, programmable microprocessor controlling an SOS signal flashed though a potent CREE LED bulb, our Sirius Signal SOS C-1001 model is both family safe and easy to use. Our groundbreaking optical design provides an omni-directional light display for surface rescue craft and a vertical beam visible to aircraft flying overhead. Visible up to 10+ nautical miles, the SOS C-1001’s beam lasts for hours compared to the minutes-long lifespan of traditional pyrotechnic distress.
Fulfills all Coast Guard requirements (46 CFR 175.130) for marine distress signals when combined with our included Distress Flag.
Finally, a family and environmentally safe alternative to the antiquated pyrotechnic visual distress flare!
Made in the USA. (complies with the “Buy American Act,” may contain imported components).
Package includes 3 – ‘C’ alkaline batteries
The Sirius Signal SOS Distress Light aims to replace traditional marine flares. They meet all U.S. Coast Guard requirements and have long lasting battery life. More Sailing Gizmos... http://asa.com/news/tag/sailing-gizmo/
Sirius Signal'...The Sirius Signal SOS Distress Light aims to replace tradition...